Information on encryption methodology of Jack Rabbit Repository

Information on encryption methodology of Jack Rabbit Repository

Dilipkumar S

Hello Jack Rabbit,

Am posting this mail to you with comments posted by Julian Reschke under below JIRA,

We require your assistance with reference to Jack Rabbit repository. Here by am adding the detailed information of the case below:

We have a Front end API using which the reports would be generated and the records will be stored in Jack Rabbit repository table DS_JCR_DATASTORE.

Currently we are facing an issue under which the report generated with the Frontend API is not accessible using open/Save mode with below error appended in the logs:

===========
2017-07-03 15:10:31,462 | ERROR | defaultWIMFileBasedRealm/advisor | | | WebContainer : 1 | c.o.r.s.ContentRepositoryService | retrieveReport: Exception from the uderlying repository
javax.jcr.PathNotFoundException: aaa/report/G7893420170703691287
=============

Based on the above error, we would like to perform analysis on whether the report generated exists or not with the repository table DS_JCR_DATASTORE, but we are restricted from performing the analysis due to below constraint:

The records generated and stored with DS_JCR_DATASTORE are in encrypted format

To do the analysis we need to map the relation between a session_id from the API against a record_id in repository table, therefore I request you to let us know the steps to decrypt the encrypted data in the table.

I've attached the logs & sample data from DS_JCR_DATASTORE for your reference.

Please let me know if you require any additional information.

Thanks & Regards,
Dilipkumar S

The information in this e-mail and any attachments is confidential and may be legally privileged. It is intended solely for the addressee or addressees. Any use or disclosure of the contents of this e-mail/attachments by a not intended recipient is unauthorized and may be unlawful. If you have received this e-mail in error please notify the sender. Please note that any views or opinions presented in this e-mail are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of TEMENOS. We recommend that you check this e-mail and any attachments against viruses. TEMENOS accepts no liability for any damage caused by any malicious code or virus transmitted by this e-mail.

DS_JCR_DATASTORE.xlsx (11K) Download Attachment

Re: Information on encryption methodology of Jack Rabbit Repository

justzzzz
Hi,
What leads you to believe that the data is encrypted? I suppose in theory
it could be encrypted if you have a custom DataStore implementation or
there is encryption done by the JDBC driver, but there's none in the
standard DbDataStore itself.

Regards,
Justin