Janitor cleanup - does it only work with certain WebLogic installs?

Janitor cleanup - does it only work with certain WebLogic installs?

pburns13
We are running on Windows and using version 1.6 and have J/R installed as a service.  Does the janitor cleanup require a newer version of JDK?

There are 2 versions of our application, one that uses Weblogic 10.3.5.0 & JDK 6u151 and one that uses Weblogic 12.1.1.0 & JDK 7u141.

The Weblogic 10.3.5.0 & JDK 6u151 does not work.
The Weblogic 12.1.1.0 & JDK 7u141 works fine and the below show up in the logs.

Aug 07, 2017 3:20:58 PM org.apache.jackrabbit.core.journal.DatabaseJournal initInstanceRevisionAndJanitor
INFO: Initialized local revision to 7151
Aug 07, 2017 3:20:58 PM org.apache.jackrabbit.core.journal.DatabaseJournal initInstanceRevisionAndJanitor
INFO: Cluster revision janitor thread started; first run scheduled at Tue Aug 08 10:00:00 EDT 2017

AW: Janitor cleanup - does it only work with certain WebLogic installs?

KÖLL Claus
The Janitor should not depend on the java version.

Do you see any log regarding Janitor with Java 6 ?

greets
claus

Re: AW: Janitor cleanup - does it only work with certain WebLogic installs?

pburns13
Regarding JAVA in the service_console.log there is the initialization of the paths, JavaHome.

The reason I mention the Weblogic and Java is because those are the only differences in the 2 applications.  We have 12 environments of each configuration and I see the same behavior where it works in the newer version of WebLogic and Java.

Re: AW: Janitor cleanup - does it only work with certain WebLogic installs?

pburns13
Regarding JAVA in the service_console.log there is the initialization of the paths, JavaHome.

The reason I mention the Weblogic and Java is because those are the only differences in the 2 applications.  We have 12 environments of each configuration and I see the same behavior where it works in the newer version of WebLogic and Java.

AW: AW: Janitor cleanup - does it only work with certain WebLogic installs?

KÖLL Claus
I don't think it has something to do with the java version.

We have the janitor running with java 8 but some month ago we had it running on java 6

Do you have any chance to debug it local ?

greets
claus