Modify nt:frozenNode

yace.za
This post was updated on .
Hi,

The data structure of my nodes has changed. I would like to reflect these changes on the archived nodes (which have been created using the jackrabit versioning).
But when I try to edit a frozen node (with adding a property for example) I get an error.

What is the best method to edit them ?

Thanks

Re: Modify nt:frozenNode

Alexander Klimetschek-2
On 13.06.2012, at 16:18, yace.za wrote:

> The data structure of my nodes has change. I would like to reflect these
> change on the archived node (using the jackrabit versioning).
> But when I try to edit a frozen node(via Crx) I get an error.
>
> What is the best method to edit them ?

You can't, as its a version snapshot at a previous time. That's why it's called frozenNode.

Cheers,
Alex

Re: Modify nt:frozenNode

gk1041
In the application I am working on we are utilizing the versions to provide users a highlighted diff between versions. Occasionally we get a requirement that elicits a change to our node structure, for example we had a case where we had to change the property of a nodetype into a child node of that nodetype. This left us with old versions where this data was represented as a property of that nodetype but the current (and future versions) would be represented as a child node.

Since it is not possible to edit a frozen node has anyone come up with a good way to transform old node structures to match the current for the sake of comparison?

Thanks,

GK