incompatible Derby version when using jackrabbit standalone release

incompatible Derby version when using jackrabbit standalone release

tessa
Dear community,

I am using Jackrabbit 2.6.8 deployed as RAR and everything works fine beside of RMI access.
although i deployed the matching jackrabbit-jcr-rmi-2.6.8.jar to my jboss deploy folder, i do not have any working RMI access.
Therefore i thought about taking the server offline and starting a jackrabbit standalone version (also 2.6.8) that refers to the repo. inside the jackrabbit.log i get the exception:

Caused by: org.apache.derby.iapi.error.StandardException: Database /srv/jcr/myrepo/version/db has an incompatible format with the current version of the software.  The database was created by or upgraded by version 10.6.

This cannot be too, because i never changed the jackkrabbit version or accessed the db externaly via some derby tools,.... Inside the RAR and also in the standalone jackrabbit jar, there is always derby library Apache Derby 10.5 used. This problem can also be produced when using a fresh created repo and loading it via standalone.

How could i solve  this tricky problem?

Thanking you very much in advance for help or any hint

Tessa

Re: incompatible Derby version when using jackrabbit standalone release

Clay Ferguson
‚ÄčTessa,
I have a wild guess: Maybe you ran originally on a newer version of Java,
and then somehow are now on a prior (older) version of Java? Since Derby is
part of Java itself, that might explain what you are seeing?‚Äč So the newer
Java maybe upgraded the DB to where it can no longer be run on the older VM?

Best regards,
Clay Ferguson
[hidden email]

On Sun, Apr 9, 2017 at 10:17 AM, tessa <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Dear community,
>
> I am using Jackrabbit 2.6.8 deployed as RAR and everything works fine
> beside
> of RMI access.
> although i deployed the matching jackrabbit-jcr-rmi-2.6.8.jar to my jboss
> deploy folder, i do not have any working RMI access.
> Therefore i thought about taking the server offline and starting a
> jackrabbit standalone version (also 2.6.8) that refers to the repo. inside
> the jackrabbit.log i get the exception:
>
> Caused by: org.apache.derby.iapi.error.StandardException: Database
> /srv/jcr/myrepo/version/db has an incompatible format with the current
> version of the software.  The database was created by or upgraded by
> version
> 10.6.
>
> This cannot be too, because i never changed the jackkrabbit version or
> accessed the db externaly via some derby tools,.... Inside the RAR and also
> in the standalone jackrabbit jar, there is always derby library Apache
> Derby
> 10.5 used. This problem can also be produced when using a fresh created
> repo
> and loading it via standalone.
>
> How could i solve  this tricky problem?
>
> Thanking you very much in advance for help or any hint
>
> Tessa

Re: incompatible Derby version when using jackrabbit standalone release

tessa
thanks for the hint - that was making me doing some search again.
I found out that jboss itself hat a newer derby version that was used when running the webapp.
That was the reason, eha the databaseformat of my repo was 10.6

My workaround was rebuilding the standalone aapplication with derby 10.6 to be able to "maintenance"
the productive Repository

Thanks for all!